The Native American Agriculture Fund (NAAF) has part-time openings for interns to join a dynamic charitable trust benefitting Native American farmers and ranchers. The interns will provide support for grants management, data collection and entry, Native agriculture research, financial team, office administration, trustee liaison, senior management and general program support to the CEO, CFO/CIO, COO and Directors, and be centrally available to all staff. The interns report to the Regional and/or Senior Director. These positions require someone with a proactive personality and engaging team player style with a passion for and commitment to the mission and core values of NAAF. The internships are remote positions.
NAAF is a registered North Dakota charitable trust created for supporting a range of activities, including grant making, to benefit Native farmers, ranchers, food producers, and agriculture sector activities. NAAF is the largest U.S. philanthropy focused exclusively on Native American farmers and ranchers.
- Basic computer and office skills; attention to details and deadlines
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work with supervision or work independently
- Strong team player skills in a multicultural environment
- Assists with special meetings or event planning
- Assists with preparation of Board materials and office administrative tasks
- Undertakes special projects as assigned
Preferred applicants will have any number of the following attributes: an agriculture background; agriculture (or a related area) as an educational major in higher education; agriculture experience; Native agriculture knowledge; and a true passion for food and agriculture.
- Internships are expected to begin as early as Thursday, January 14, 2021; end dates to be determined in conversation with NAAF.
- Interns expected to work 10-20 hours per week
- Interested applicants should send a resume and cover letter by Wednesday, December 23 at 5 p.m. CT. To: Sandy Martini, Human Resource Director,
Interviews for the positions will begin January 1, 2021 (by virtual means) and decisions will be made shortly thereafter.
NAAF is an EEO/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, unemployment status or any other protected category. NAAF takes affirmative action in support of its policy to advance employment in individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.