Date: November 18, 2020
The Native American Agriculture Fund (NAAF) Communications Associate will help us tell the story of Native food and agriculture. The Communications Associate will assist the Communications Director with all communications efforts and will serve as the in-house creator of all multimedia projects and data visualization.
NAAF is a registered North Dakota private charitable trust with the mission to provide grants that benefit Native farmers, ranchers, and food and agriculture sector activities. NAAF is the largest U.S. philanthropic organization focused exclusively on the needs of Native American farmers and ranchers.
Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Maintain and build the NAAF website.
- Create visuals and graphics on behalf of the organization.
- Facilitate multimedia projects like videos, webinars and podcasts.
- Visualize and analyze data and research findings.
- Assist the Communications Director with press releases, newsletters, reports and other written communications.
- Assist with research, data visualization and reporting of NAAF research.
- Collaborate with NAAF’s Program Team on the review and administration of grants.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- A Bachelor’s degree in one of the following fields is preferred: communications, Native American studies, graphic design, filmmaking, art, computer science
- 2-3 years of experience in Communications is preferred.
- This position will be the webmaster for the organization. Skills in web design or a willingness to learn are required.
- Required Skills: Graphic design, photography, web design, excel, InDesign, strong writing skills
- Preferred Skills: grant making, video editing, podcast editing, photo editing, GIS
- Personal characteristics: NAAF is a fast-paced environment and a successful candidate will demonstrate a positive can-do attitude and a willingness to adopt new responsibilities.
- This position is remote.
NAAF offers a competitive salary and an excellent comprehensive benefits package that includes: low cost healthcare options; dental and vision; disability; life insurance; vacation, sick and personal time off; retirement plan options. This position offers an opportunity to join a philanthropic organization doing ground breaking work in a fast-paced environment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, natural origin, sex, age, genetic information, or physical or mental disability. In addition, NAAF is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants without regard to marital status, sexual orientation, gender identification, political affiliation, personal appearance, family responsibilities, matriculation or tribal membership.
- Interested candidates should email a resume and cover letter to the Native American Agriculture Fund (media@NativeAmericanAgricultureFund.org)