The Native American Agriculture Fund (NAAF) is searching for an Executive Administrative Assistant to join our organization. NAAF is a private charitable trust with the mission to provide grants benefiting Native American farmers and ranchers. The Executive Administrative Assistant will play an important role in assisting senior staff with the needs of the NAAF Board of Trustees and will assist in providing additional support to key senior leadership of the organization. This position requires someone with a passion for and commitment to the mission and core values of NAAF, which is to serve the needs of Native farmers and ranchers through grantmaking and educational and charitable activities.
The Executive Administrative Assistant role is a highly skilled position requiring someone who is well organized, able to exercise independent decision-making responsibility, and adept at working alongside and providing supportive staffing services to leaders in nonprofit organizations. NAAF has been in existence since mid-2018 but is, in many ways, still establishing its processes and protocols and as such, this position must be filled by someone with experience in dynamic, fast-paced and complex work environments.
NAAF is a registered North Dakota private charitable trust with the mission to provide grants that benefit Native farmers, ranchers, and food and agriculture sector activities. NAAF is headquartered in Fayetteville, AR and the position is located at NAAF headquarters. The position will be required to interact with remote staff, headquarters staff and the Board of Trustees, who are located throughout the country. NAAF is the largest U.S. philanthropic organization focused exclusively on the needs of Native American farmers and ranchers and as such, is considered a leader in the area of philanthropy and agriculture affecting Native America.
Required Competencies and Skills
- Advanced knowledge of computer and technology applications and advanced office organizational skills as demonstrated by prior job duties
- Ability to be detail-oriented and deadline-oriented is required
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work with moderate supervision
- Strong collaborative skills in a diverse and inclusive working environment
- Ability to be flexible and function well in a fast-paced office
- Eagerness to support senior leadership and governing body of the organization
- Periodic multi-day travel is required (at least quarterly).
- Interfaces with NAAF Board of Trustees, CEO and senior management via email and telephone on a regular basis; supports NAAF Board of Trustees at their periodic in-person meetings
- Maintains governance records
- Records comprehensive minutes and notes for all NAAF Trustee and committee meetings
- Drafts routine correspondence
- Maintains Trustee and governing leadership calendar and contacts
- Handles travel arrangements and maintains expense reports
- Assists in research
- Assists with special meetings and special event planning
- Coordinates flight options, hotel arrangements and meeting logistics
- Identifies initial meeting technical support requirements and coordinates on site needs
- Facilitates transportation needs
- Creates itinerary/agenda for the Trustees in close coordination with NAAF senior leadership
- Prepares briefing materials
- Maintains and manages Trustee technology and software system resources
- Organizes training opportunities as needed
- Undertakes special projects as assigned
- Assists in resolving relevant technology systems issues as needed.
NAAF offers a competitive salary and an excellent comprehensive benefits package that includes: low cost healthcare options; dental and vision; disability; life insurance; vacation, sick and personal time off; retirement plan options. This position offers an opportunity to join a philanthropic organization doing ground breaking work in a fast-paced environment. NAAF headquarters is located in one of the best places to live in the U.S. per U.S. News and World Reports (2019). Local amenities include: regional population of approximately 500,000 (2019); location in the Ozark Mountains; abundance of outdoor recreation including regional trails system, lakes and national forest systems; local arts district; national arts museum; low cost of living and low unemployment; regional airport with direct flights to most major hub airports; close proximity to nationally-ranked university with excellent K-12 school system. Relocation assistance offered.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, natural origin, sex, age, genetic information, or physical or mental disability. In addition, NAAF is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants without regard to marital status, sexual orientation, gender identification, political affiliation, personal appearance, family responsibilities, matriculation or tribal membership.
To express interest, please send your resume to info@NativeAmericanAgricultureFund.org with the subject line: Executive Administrative Assistant Resume.